Engaging Our Community
We undertake a wide range of philanthropic programs that benefit our communities including supporting employee-driven philanthropy.
Takeda encourages employee giving through support for various programs:
• Matching Gifts Program: Takeda will match each employee’s contribution of up to $5,000 every year.
• Individual Volunteer Awards: Takeda provides grants to the organizations at which our employees volunteer.
Together, Takeda and its employees donated more than $1.8 million to community organizations this past fiscal year.
Our employees are the most important component behind our commitment to the community. Takeda employees
at all levels contribute countless volunteer hours each year; serving on boards, acting as mentors, and
participating in community activities. We commend their exceptional community service efforts, which include:
• Rebuilding Together Day
Since 2003, Takeda has partnered with Rebuilding Together to revitalize communities
by donating dollars and hours to repair and renovate homes in the Chicagoland area.
More than 30 employees volunteered during National Rebuilding Day in April.
• Takeda Cares Day
This year, more than 750 employees in the Deerfield office and 50 teams nationwide
participated in the fifth annual employee and community event to raise $250,000 to
benefit eight non-profit organizations and eight local schools. Takeda has donated more than $500,000 to local
charities since the event began in 2011.
Takeda Cares Day 2015
• Holiday Giving Activities
Each year, we provide employees
an opportunity to support various charity organizations during the holiday months. Programs for the 2015 season included providing gifts for families through the Salvation Army Angel Tree program, and making donations to the Northern Illinois Food Bank and United Way of Lake County.
• Community Service
• Two Days to Serve: Takeda employees receive two days of paid time off (PTO) each year
to use for
volunteer activities of their choice.
• Department Initiatives: Several departments engage in team building activities which include charitable giving opportunities
or community service events.