Engaging Our Community
We undertake a wide range of philanthropic programs that benefit our communities including supporting employee-driven philanthropy.
Takeda encourages employee giving through support for various programs:
• Matching Gifts Program: Takeda will match each employee’s contribution of up to $5,000 every year.
• Individual Volunteer Awards: Takeda provides grants to the organizations at which our employees volunteer.
Together, Takeda and its employees donated more than $1.8 million to community organizations this past fiscal year.
Our employees are the most important component behind our commitment to the community. Takeda employees
at all levels contribute countless volunteer hours each year; serving on boards, acting as mentors, and
participating in community activities. We commend their exceptional community service efforts, which include:
• Rebuilding Together Day
Since 2003, Takeda has partnered with Rebuilding Together to revitalize communities
by donating dollars and hours to repair and renovate homes in the Chicagoland area. In
2012, more than 40 employees volunteered during National Rebuilding Day.
• Takeda Cares Day
year, more than 600 employees participated in the third annual employee and
community event to raise $63,700 to benefit three Chicagoland non-profit
Takeda Cares Day 2013
• Holiday Giving Activities
Each year, we provide employees
an opportunity to support various charity organizations during the holiday months. Programs for the 2012 season included
a virtual food drive with the Northern Illinois Food Bank, providing gifts for families through the Salvation Army Angel
Tree program, and donating teddy bears for children in local hospitals through the Starlight Midwest Foundation.
• Volunteer Match Website For Employees
We partner with a service
that helps match employees with local volunteer opportunities that fit their interests and schedules.
• Community Service
• Two Days to Serve: Takeda employees receive two days of paid time off (PTO) each year
to use for
volunteer activities of their choice.
• Department Initiatives: Several departments engage in team building activities which include charitable giving opportunities
or community service events.